VIROLOGY, PLANT HEALTH AND PROPAGATION
Principal research directions:
• developing of the fundamentals of producing health fruit and small fruit plants on the virus-free basis:
- introducing biotechnological methods of the express-diagnostics of fruit, small fruit and ornamental crops viruses in the system of the health planting stock growing;
- improving methods of infected clones sanitation with the use of chemo- and thermotherapy and in vitro
- culture as well as of the accelerated propagation of the selected basic clones, establishment of certificated fruit and small fruit foundation stock, developing of the conditions for their management;
• control over the genetic identity and preparation of genetic certificates for basis clones of promising cultivars and rootstocks of the domestic breeding on the basis of the molecular genetic markers.
• the integral technology for the production of the fruit, small fruit and orna¬mental crops certificated plants on the virus-free basis has been developed;
• biotechnological methods have been improved and introduced of the virus diagnostics, sanitation of the infected plants of cultivars valuable, accelerated propagation of basic virus-free clones and preparaton of their genetic certificates;
• the basic fund of fruit and small fruit virus-free clones has been created.
Offer to customers:
• scientific providing of the production of the fruit, small fruit and ornamental crops planting stock on the virus-free basis, namely:
- inspection of parental gardens for study of their phytosanitary state and certification;
- selection of high-productive cultivars and rootstocks samples for the diagnostics concerning the absense of latent virus diseases in order to single out initial clones for the establishment of basis virus-free mother plantations;
- express-diagnostics of virus, bacterial and fungal diseases with the usage of laboratory as well as control over soil as concerns the presense of nematodes which are vectors-carriers of a group of nepoviruses;
- genetic fingerprint (genetic certificates creation) of varieties of fruit and small fruit crops on the basis of molecular genetic markers;
• sanitation of the infected clones of cultivars and rootstocks valuable for economy with the use of chemo- and thermotherapy and in vitro culture;
• propagation of basis virus-free clones with the usage of biotechnological methods (apical meristem culture, cutting and so on);
• consultative assistance or scientific accompani¬ment as regards the establishment and management of the certificated mother plantations;
• growing of basic virus-free stock to order fer the establishment of productive certificated parental gardens.
For information: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org - Kateryna Udovychenko, Head of the Department Virology, Plant Health and Propagation, PhD